Renovation of "The Temple" Building in Scotland
This project involved the renovation of listed Building with and intresting past which dates back to late 1700's.
We understand that The Temple was part of the original Robert Smirke building however there is evidence the roof was raised to provide the present two storey section. This was probably carried out during the William Burn alterations.
In 1963 the wider estate which the Temple belonged to was sold and became an All Boys School.
The school closed in 1980, after which the main house was split into apartments and The Temple underwent further refurbishment. Included in this alternations was a damp proofing works on most of the lower floor, as much of this is situated below the surrounding ground level. There is also an area underneath the portico which belonging to one of the other properties.
Approval was obtain to renovate the building into a self contained one bed apartment.